Since the beginning of time, people have been looking for ways to spice up their love life. Many people find themselves asking, “Am I doing everything I can to spice up my relationship?” The truth of the matter is that you are not alone. Many people have the same kinds of problems in their love life. However, it does not mean that you should just sit around and do nothing. You can spice up your love life easier than you think.
First, let’s look at some reasons why your love life may be boring.
- You’re too comfortable. You’ve been together for a long time and settled into a routine; your relationship feels like home. There’s nothing wrong with that, but it’s a problem if you’ve gotten stuck in a rut. You’re not feeling appreciated.
- Your partner may be nice, but he or she doesn’t seem to appreciate you. Maybe he or she is always too busy to spend time with you or doesn’t seem happy when you spend time together.
Lots of people in this situation begin to feel resentment. No matter what the reason may be, you may find yourself stuck in a rut in your relationship. Often, the best way to get out of something that you’ve been stuck in is to shake things up. That’s why we’ve put together these 5 ways to spice things up in your love life:
- Take care of your body. Spicing up your love life may seem like an easy task to complete, but it is something your relationship will depend on. To spice up your love life, you need to start with your own body. Losing weight, dressing in a way that makes you feel sexy, and working out, can certainly help. Men, your body plays a big role in women being attracted to you. Exercising and eating right are essential components of a healthy lifestyle. Making time to exercise and eat right does take effort, but the benefits of regular exercise and healthy eating are many.
- Make your date night extra playful. It seems like a lot of us are having trouble lately keeping the romance alive. By planning playful date nights, you can strengthen your relationship while having fun. Try playing tennis or table tennis, host dance parties, or make an effort to watch a comedy together. If you want to try something other than alcohol for these nights, and sometimes partake in smoking sessions together, then consider getting some quality cannabis for your night. Check out the west coast cannabis website or dispensaries near you to find some strains you will enjoy (only if recreational use is legal where you live, of course!) Besides these, you can also take a more unique approach to make the night more playful. For instance, you can consider watching horror movies (a list of what to watch can be found on the likes of hellhorror.com) together to make the night more memorable. Wondering how horror movies can do that? Horror movies can cause you and your partner to cling together in fright. Moreover, watching horror movies can give both of you a great topic for discussion after the movie.
- Listen to your desires. The key to successful relationships is to listen to your desires and not try to force someone else to live with your needs. If you can ‘hear’ your needs, then you can figure out what is important to you and the things you need to be happy about. If you are in a relationship and feel as though you are not getting what you need from your partner, or would like to spice up things in bed using sex toys such as a piperdoll or explore something like roleplaying, you need to speak up and let them know how they can meet your needs.
- Touch to make connections. As a kid, you probably learned how to hug and kiss. But once you hit puberty, the people around you may have stopped discussing physical affection. But hugging, holding hands, cuddling, and kissing are important tools in a healthy relationship. Touch is a powerful way to connect with others, and it is a tool that is often overlooked in adult relationships. When you’re with your partner, it doesn’t have to lead to sex, but it is extremely powerful, and it connects you more intimately with your partner.
- Create a feeling of safety. The relationship between you and your spouse, or boyfriend/girlfriend, is one built upon trust, respect, and understanding. And like most relationships, it needs to be nurtured and taken care of. Whether you’ve been together a long time or just started seeing each other, there are ways to maintain and improve the quality of your time together. The first thing you need to do is create a feeling of safety. This will allow both of you to be more open with each other.
Spicing up your love life in bed is certainly one way to make your relationships more fun, but there are more ways to make your relationships more fun. For instance, if you find that you and your partner are constantly bickering, you might want to consider taking a break. That way, you can both have some time away from each other and be forced to reevaluate your relationship from the perspective of a third party, then decide whether you want to rekindle the romance.